Interested in writing a guest post for MatthewHooper.com? Fantastic! Thanks for considering my site.
Before I even get started, I want to remind you that all guest posts are not automatically approved. Just because you submit a guest post, doesn’t guarantee that it will show up on MatthewHooper.com.
Everything on this site is a reflection of myself. Meaning that if an article is poorly researched, the grammar is horrible or just outright spammy, my readers will notice this and will assume that I am okay with half-hearted or sleazy efforts. Which I’m not.
Now please make sure that your article meets the following criteria.
First, and foremost, please make sure that the post is relevant to MatthewHooper.com but has not been written about before. The same topic from a different angle or approach is fine.
Posts containing links to products or services I do not personally use or endorse will not be published. When in doubt, send me an email and just ask.
Use the form to the right and attach your guest post for review. In the message body, be sure to include a link to your site, twitter username and a few sentences about yourself. This is for my own knowledge and will not be published.
I will try to respond within 24″“48 hours but please understand that sometimes schedules get pretty hectic. Please be patient. I will reply and let you know if your submission has been approved or requires edits.
Before you write and submit your article, please read the following:
Setting the Bar
I am picky when it comes down to what is published here. Therefore, the following won’t be accepted:
- Posts that cover very basic information that you have already seen on many different websites. I call these “fill-in-the-blank” posts.
- Posts obviously written just to gain a link for SEO purposes. Note: Useful and/or fantastic posts will still get you that link (in your byline).
- Posts that appear to ramble or lack structure.
- Posts that contain bad grammar or punctuation errors. I used to teach English but I also believe in creative (not reckless) freedom.
Useful Above All Else
Readers visit MatthewHooper.com for information that is useful, actionable and helpful.
- Do you have a useful workflow or tip you can provide?
- Do you know of a hidden gem in WordPress that made your life easier?
- Have you got an interesting case study that you would like to share?
- What is your secret productivity skill or tool that saves you tonnes of time?
- Have you found the secret to immortality?
- Is there something you did that got you massive followers on Twitter, Likes on Facebook, Pluses on Google+, stumbles on StumbleUpon, views on YouTube, etc.?
- What are your tips and strategies to building a stronger email list?
If you’ve been around the internet for a while you’ve probably seen that some of the same articles from the same guest authors rehashed on numerous sites. I don’t want that here.
- Use a different angle. Everyone knows how to make a Facebook page and there are hundreds of articles on this strewn across the internet. However, could you show us (the readers and I) how to optimize a Facebook page for a specific niche?
- When submitting, please use the magic phrase “Jakob rocks!“ (with the exclamation point) anywhere in the message body. This shows me you took the time to read this. (BTW: Jakob is my son, he rocks!)
Follow the Theme
As you’ve noticed, MatthewHooper.com follows the theme of how to build an internet presence. All with the purpose of growing a business, either online or off.
- Posts about fashion or gaming don’t fit into this theme.
- Make sure your article is relevant to the theme including these categories: Internet Business, Social Marketing, Lifestyle and Productivity
As I said above, I used to teach English and I know that I slip up on a few grammar rules from time-to-time but I do pride myself on being slightly higher than mediocre. I’m all for creative license but don’t ever let me see you misuse it’s as a possessive adjective!
- Grammar has rules, please try to follow them.
- I don’t care if you can’t even spell your own name but please use spellcheck.
- Read your post out loud to yourself. If it’s hard for you to read, it’ll also be hard for others.
Don’t Forget the Basics
- Include a small paragraph that will be used as your byline. Please include only one or two links back to your own site. Add this to the end of your article.
- Include a strong conclusion. End your article properly and please end with a question or similar in order to promote reader interaction.
- Articles containing affiliate links are a magnet for the delete button. Please don’t include them.
- Take some time to look through the archives and include a link or two to a relevant article from MatthewHooper.com.
- Feel free to include one or two relevant links to other sites on the internet. No self-serving links within the article body, unless extremely relevant.
- No need to include a photo. That’ll be done for you.
- If you require screenshots to be included in your post, please include those in a .zip file along with the article. Leave ALLCAPS place holder text where you would like the images to be included. For example, INSERT SCREENSHOT.PNG HERE.
- Only upload one file. Either one .txt file or one .zip file.
- Posts are to be submitted in HTML only and in a .txt file.
- Your post must be 100% original and must never appear on another site. Ever!
- If needed, cite your sources and give credit where credit is due.
- After you have submitted your article to MatthewHooper.com, it becomes the property of this site. Sample pieces, snippets or extracts may appear elsewhere on the site or within future projects but credit will always be given to the original author. If your article isn’t approved for use on the site, you will be notified and you are free to do whatever you like with the article.
You got all the way to the end of this and you still want to submit a guest post? Fantastic!
Fill out the form to the right and be sure that your submission meets all of the criteria above.
I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Guest Post Submission Form
Use the form below and attach your guest post for review.